On June 15, 2021 shortly after 9AM the Webster Fire Department was dispatched to a Bannerwood Drive address for a report of heavy smoke coming from a home. The West Webster Fire Department responded as the RIC. Command arrived and reported heavy smoke from a two-story residential and initial reports of a basement fire. Interior crews found that a dehumidifier caught fire in the basement causing a heavy smoke condition inside the structure. The fire was extinguished and no extension was located. A cat was located inside the structure and Webster firefighters administered oxygen to the pet who is expected to make a full recovery.
The inside of the home received significant smoke damage. The fire investigation is being conducted by the Monroe County Fire Bureau.