Formed in 1905 and incorporated in 1906, the Webster Volunteer Fire Department has served the residents of the Village of Webster, the East Webster Fire District and the Northeast Penfield Fire District faithfully for over 100 years. From it's beginning to the present, the WVFD has remained an all volunteer Fire Department.
The front of this coin depicts how the Webster Volunteer Fire Department has transformed through the years. Beginning with an early 1900's man drawn, man operated pumper to a 21st century diesel powered pumper which transports firefighters and their equipment to the fire scene, with the capabilities of pumping 1500 gallons of water per minute. Moving forward, the members of the Webster Volunteer Fire Department expect to continue to provide the same professional, quality and caring service to the (2005) created North East Joint Fire District, which comprises the same area as the original three entities. Their inherited forefather's enthusiasm to serve the citizens of this community in the times of need shall persevere long into the next century.
Authored by Ron Gentle, Past Chief W.V.F.D.
This limited edition commemorative coin is dedicated to the many volunteer members of the Webster Volunteer Fire Department of the past, present and future.